Sunday, March 2, 2008

Food For Eternal Life

Eating the Food of Eternal Life
John 6:27-40

Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures for eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. For it is on him that God the Father has set his seal.” Then they said to him, “What must we do to perform the works of God?” Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.” So they said to him, “What sign are you going to give us then, so that we may see it and believe you? What work are you performing? Our ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written, ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’ ” Then Jesus said to them, “Very truly, I tell you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is that which comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” They said to him, “Sir, give us this bread always.”

Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. Everything that the Father gives me will come to me, and anyone who comes to me I will never drive away; for I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. This is indeed the will of my Father, that all who see the Son and believe in him may have eternal life; and I will raise them up on the last day.”

**Seeking and obeying God - seeing and knowing of His word as the real and only truth is what our Father requires of us- it is a choice given to us freely. To have eternal life we must believe in what His son came down to earth apart from His Father to show and teach us. Obey the word of God and all commandments and will for our lives, that is an important factor as well.
Our time here on earth is a gift. God gives us a life through a body,soul and spirit- on each level he can contact us and provide for us as we in turn perform our will He has planned for our lives. When we honor and obey God and all of His teachings and commands we then are showing God how much we believe in Him,and the love we have for Him. The gift of life if lived righteously, ensures your most important everlasting gift-eternal life. A life with our Lord and a place in His splendid kingdom. This is true obedience & acceptance which thus equals true happiness,harmony,joy and peace. When Jesus said 'Do not work for the food that perishes, but for the food that endures for eternal life'

*This is what he is telling all of us: honor God with all he has given you through life and spirit- you then shall be happy and at peace while here on earth-your every need will be met. Your next journey will be even more happy and peaceful in the eternal life- where your life of righteousness is to be honored forever. Jesus was teaching us to learn from all his teachings of God's love and grace apply this knowledge to our lives- look for it,crave it- use it! Incredible gifts- Thanks be to the Father for He is GOOD

2 comments:

Kimba The White Lioness said...

Hello lovely lady! Have had a busy week w/ my daughter being home on spring break. Tomorrow she heads back to college on the train and life will resume as "usual".

As always, I enjoyed your post this morning. It had me looking deep within myself to see if I truly am honoring God with ALL that I am (which is all that He's created me to be). For the most part, I do. But of course, as with everyone, I, too become the slacker from time-to-time and get lazy with a couple of things. The scripture has put me in check with re-focusing on those areas of my life.

Have a blessed day.

Michael's GC Blog said...

Hi La Toya, I'm very impressed with your blog, as well as your ministry of spreading the gospel of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ through your work. Keep up the good work of faith, and run the race that's set before you, forgetting everything that's behind, and pressing forward for the prize of the high calling! thanks for being a much needed inspiritation to us all in doing God's kingdom work here on earth. Be blessed Indeed! *AMEN* Ps, you can post a log on Michael's GC Blog Antime you desire, and add a prayer request to boot!